A private tour of Bentonite Hills, a very photogenic and softly sculpted rainbow-colored landscape comparable to the surface of Mars! Popularized by Instagram and YouTube it’s a must-do visit to Southern Utah. A knowledgeable, professional guide will drive you across the Fremont River and the twisting back-roads in a comfortable air conditioned and heated 4X4 SUV while talking with you about the amazing geology and history of the Capitol Reef area, a truly unique and beautiful experience. We’ll stop at Bentonite Hills and walk among the Martian landscapes for some incredible photo opportunities. If you have a drone this is the perfect place to use it. After the Bentonite Hills we can go visit Jailhouse Rock at the Lower South Desert Overlook for a dramatic Capitol Reef viewpoint. We’ll work our way back to the starting point, passing through the Fremont River and back to your pickup location.
For photographers the blue hour and sunrise are spectacular conditions to photograph the Bentonite Hills.
- Fremont River
- Bentonite Hills
- Jailhouse Rock
- Lower South Desert Overlook
- Capitol Reef
- This is a private tour (only your party) and is usually about four hours long.
- I will pick you up at your hotel if you’re staying in the Torrey area or meet you at a convenient location in Torrey or Capitol Reef.
- 8:00 am and 2:00 pm start times.
- Sunrise available on request (no additional charge)